Sunday, January 11, 2009

A New Year

It is 11 days in now but I am just getting around to setting those New Year's Resolutions. Although some of them are already losing some of their appeal, this week has been a reminder that although I think I try I don't even come close to accomplishing all that I set out to in a day. I guess I will set a few anyway, there is always room to improve.

We had a great Christmas!! Drew was so much fun, he was really excited to leave cookies for Santa and then in the morning to see what he had brought. He was excited about each toy and pretty spoiled. He wanted to just keep going and open all the presents even if they were not for him.

On Christmas Eve we went to Evanston to go snowmobiling at the ranch then have a Christmas party with Dean's family. Right as we were gathering to eat the power went out at Dean's brothers house. Luckily all the food was already ready to go. They lit a bunch of candles and we dined by candle light. By the time we were done it was back on.

Then we headed to my parents to spend the night and wait for Santa. Christmas day was full of presents and a great dinner. Usually my sister from Boise comes after they open presents at their house, but this year due to the weather they spent their Christmas night at a hotel in burley and dinner at the Jack in the Box due to a road closure. They finally made it the next afternoon, Drew had long awaited the arrival of his cousins. Then we got to have Christmas again with them.

We spent the remainder of our time between our families being lazy and just enjoying a break. We played lots of games, watched movies, and ate too much. Drew had a great time with all his cousins, lucky for me since we have been home he was really been enjoying his new toys so he hasn't been too lonely.

Now it is January and slightly depressing because it is freezing and there is not much to look forward to in the near future, I might have some time to work on those resolutions. I guess I will give them a go.

Why when you load a bunch of pictures at once, does it scramble the order?? oh well..
Christmas Morning
Drew opening presents we would get excited about each one then want to open another one.
Dean enjoying some Christmas eve food in the dark, of course with a flash it looks light.
Dean's cousin only had one kid to buy for this year and it happened to be Drew. She got him the biggest and loudest fire truck out there. Thanks Marsha... but he loves it.
SNOWMOBILING there wasn't much snow and we got cold but it was still fun and part of our Christmas Eve tradition.


More pictures to come... I am tired now.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Drew looks so cute in his googles! Next year you will have two kids to spoil! Yeah!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

glad you had a new christmas!