Thursday, October 23, 2008

Miss this?

So today started out as an ordinary day full of various tasks I was going to accomplish. Going to the gym, washing the sheets, cleaning the bathrooms, a little work online, and starting my new project of actually ironing weekly instead of what is necessary and on Saturday night. My tasks may have been a little too ambitious but I had high hopes. Drew was in a mood so I thought a nap was a guarantee and I could really start on my tasks about 1 before my online meeting at 1:30. I left my wallet at smiths so after going to pick that up it was 1:30 and Drew was not asleep and I had done nothing but put my sheets in the wash, didn't even squeeze in a shower. Leave Drew watching buzz and woody with a threat to not get off the couch because we were having rest time. The meeting got postponed until they were ready so I was to wait around I guess. So I started on my tasks, cleaned the kitchen, picked up drew was still happy watching buzz so I started on the ironing. Pretty soon Drew comes in with no pants on, the potty training has not been going well, so he should of had a diaper on. He informs me that he pooped so I start giving him the lecture of you do not take your diaper off blah blah blah... wondering what he might have touched on the way to my room. I go to where he was watching buzz and oh my gosh I was stunned at what I was actually looking at and just kept repeating what were you doing.... At that moment of course my phone rang for the meeting we were suppose to have an hour earlier, I was about to tell them I needed to reschedule when luckily they said it first.

I will spare everyone the details but it was aweful, the highlights include a toy car that is now in the garbage the couch the floor, the wall, and dean's computer case. SO NASTY! With the help of oxi clean and some awesome cleaner my sister found that works on those kind of things, after about an hour it was all cleaned up better then expected. Dean came home to "help" but did help drew take a bath and stay out of my way. Finally after I got a shower at 4:30 I gave up for the day got myself a large diet dr. pepper and took Drew to the park.

My sister and I joke about President Monson's talk in conference when he talked about missing the mudane things of life, and enjoying the now with your kids, I am sure he did not mean this particular instance but I have to wonder if at some point I will really miss this....

My room after surrenduring to my day, I did get the bed made after the park, but the rest can wait till tomorrow.......

10 comments:

The Webber's said...

This was TOO funny! I'm sure not so much for you - but to me - Hilarious!!! I'm glad that Logan has not started that problem with potty training yet. He just doesn't want to go - He hasn't tried to play with it! Gross! I can't imagine the mess! Good thing they are so cute, right?

Monica said...

AHHH! Potty training is the absolute worst! I am sure you won't miss a nasty mess or not having time to make you bed. But I am positive you would miss 2 year old face and cheeks. So cute.

Danielle said...

Oh Jenn! I am so sorry! I think you were smart to surrender. I have also wondered if I will EVER miss some of this stuff....who knows. Hope today is a better day.:)

Ashlee said...

How awful! I can hardly wait for the potty training days. Although I am glad to know someone else that puts off ironing, I hate it! good luck with Drew!

DaveandAnnie said...

Every minute of that sounds all too familiar. I don't want to know what is ground into my carpet, but it looks clean so I pretend it is. Aren't kids so gross?! I felt like I cleaned my house all day yesterday but looked around after dinner and it didn't look like I'd done a thing. It's so frustrating, but like you said, we'll miss these days, right?!

The Bennetts said...

That's the worst! Potty training is definitely not my favorite. I just borrowed my Mom's carpet cleaner to clean Molly's potty training accidents. Look on the bright side you are one accident closer to success...or something like that.

Kirsten said...

Hey I know how Drew feels, when ya gotta go you gotta go! Just think what he was thinking, crap! (literally) I need to clean up this mess, then one thing lead to another and it was every where. I loved this story and if it makes you feel any better you get more done in one day than I get done in one week, seriously. I've just resulted to blog stalking, don't worry I'm checking into rehab for it, I just can't stop everyone has these interesting lives. Hey it was really good seeing you like two months ago, maybe Christmas will be the next time, my parents will be so happy, and so will my aunt and uncle(wink wink).

Jessica said...

Good thing Drew is so cute! I am sorry- I think that every child has to do this once.

jennie said...

Jenn,

I have to be honest, this is music to my ears today! I feel like I'm not alone. That is my day it seems like everyday lately. I keep having to re-listen to that talk to be reminded. Thanks for the post.

Love ya,
jennie

Alicia Steere said...

We had so much fun last week! We need to get together again soon. Shelby has a nasty nose that has just developed...so maybe not today! hehe