Tuesday, October 7, 2008

book club = night out

Today was kind of a rough day for me and Drew he did so great potty training yesterday and I was so excited thinking we had finally accomplishing something but today we took a huge step backwards. I know it is normal but we went the rounds today, I think he was just doing it to spite me. Well all day I knew that at 7:30 I was off to Tarahumara's for good kid free conversation, pork tacos, and as many diet cokes as I wanted. It was wonderful! Being a mom and wife is great, but so is a night out with the girls every now and again. Thanks girls!! and to our husbands that stayed home with the kids and did get Drew to sleep before I came home, hooray Dean!

7 comments:

The Webber's said...

I'm glad that someone else has problems with potty training! I HATE it! I have decided not to even bother until after we get back from our trip, but then we are gonna have boot camp! UGH! I'm glad you had a fun girls night - I am already counting down to Carrie!!!

Janelle said...

Always love to spend time with you. Did you notice how good Drew was until Luke came to Library? Maybe it's not your kid it's mine.

Jessica said...

Thank Goodness for book club. Good job Dean having Drew in bed.

Monica said...

I knew Dean had it in him. Why do we need to wait around for book club? What other club's could we have?

DaveandAnnie said...

Ahhhhh, diet coke. As I sit and down the one I'm drinking right now. Memories (I'm singing it)! Do you remember driving down Antelope drinking a "bucket 'o drink" (probably mt. dew) right out of the 2 liter bottle? Those were good times. I'm glad you still appreciate the D.C. as well. I never made it up to Park City. We'll have to get together if I ever come up or you come down. Sorry about that.

thecaldwells said...

WE are having major trauma in the potty training department too so don't feel bad... And who said girls were easier to train??

Danielle said...

I totally needed that night too! I'm so glad we have that! I'm with Monica, what other clubs can we start that sound impressive, but are just really us getting out of the house? Maybe the "World Peace Club" or the "Investment Club."