Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patty's Day Injury

So my day just never could get going how I wanted it to today, which for the most part was my own lazy fault but sometimes that is just how it goes down. Probably because I tried to cram to much into a few hours after I had already started the day an hour behind. Anyway in an effort to do it all we ran to the church to do a little group workout, then to story time for some leprechaun fun then back to the church for play group. We were just about to leave, when Drew decided to go play in the bathroom with a couple of his friends he was running of course and ran himself right into the sink. He cried pretty hard at first, the sight of blood always makes it worse but I am sure it didn't feel so good. I felt bad for him, but was also was a little irritated since he was playing where he knows he is not suppose to, but at that point what could I do but take him to the doctor. I have an awesome neighborhood so everyone that was there offered to help take Avery and drive us to the doctor because Drew wanted me to hold him. I also live in a great town where the doctor on call in the ER was kind enough to stitch him up on his lunch break in the clinic to save us some money. Drew did so great! Dean was able to come over and help hold him down, but once he got 3 shots to numb it he was perfect, he just laid there with his eyes closed and didn't move a muscle. An hour or so later with a lunchable and doughnut in hand and four stitches he was right back to his crazy self.

Here are some pictures from green day (as Drew calls it)

11 comments:

Dave said...

I was suspicious when I heard he busted open his face in the bathroom. I thought he took a leap off the toilet or something. You can't really blame a guy when the sink got in his way! Tons of stuff gets in my way all the time.

Monica said...

Battle wounds build character. Especially St. patty Day ones. :)
Poor little man that looks like it hurts. I was wondering where you were today. Mystery solved.

Alicia Steere said...

Oh that is SO sad! I am glad that he did so great though. I am having a hard enough time trying to hold Keenan down for shots, he is SO stinkin' tough! Poor Drew, I am glad that he got it all taken care of though, now he has a cool battle wound! LOL

Danielle said...

I can't believe how together you were after all that! We do have a great neighborhood. Drew is now officially a tough-guy in my book.

Ashlee said...

Poor Drew I guess you can't avoid stiches forever, and so nice that you had so much help. Hope the rest of the day went better!

Heather said...

I don't think that slowed him down one bit yesterday. What a trooper.

Neisha said...

That story made me so sad - I'm glad he's all right. What a trooper - those shots must have been awful.

Janelle said...

Yikes what a day!
Now he has something cool to show us in show-n-tale tomorrow.
Sorry I was so rushed this morning, my Dad was waiting for me with the car running.

Amy Pulley said...

Good thing scars are cool. I was impressed with how calm you were through it all... good job!

Melanie and Spencer said...

Ouch!!!! Poor thing. He is such a brave and tough little guy.

Sara said...

One down, many more to come. Such is the life of a busy 'superhero' boy. I agree with you though, we do live in an amazing place!