Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two Wheels & The Zoo

We have been enjoying the awesome Spring weather this week. Yesterday Drew decided it was time to take off his training wheels and be like the big boys so we took them off helped him along for like 2 minutes and he was off! He said he wanted to do it himself. He has a little trouble starting on his own and I get a little nervous on small hills but for the most part he has got it. He was pretty excited and told me "Mom I did a good Job!". He rode around all morning with the big kids. I haven't taken any pictures yet, I didn't really even think about it, I will get some soon.

To enjoy the nice weather we decided to go to the zoo, so did a lot of other people, but it was really nice. We went with Dean's brother and his family, and Drew had a great time. He really liked the snakes, the gorillas, and the elephants. He also liked holding the map and telling us how and where to go. The snakes were the last attraction and once we were done in that stinky building Drew said "Now I need to go see all the animals again". I guess we will be going back!



6 comments:

Melanie and Spencer said...

Looks like you had fun at the zoo. I can't wait to see Drewy ride his bike

Danielle said...

I was so impressed when I saw Drew on two wheels! What an accomplishment....Sarah is so impressed.

Monica said...

I can't believe Drew is on 2 wheels! That is crazy....he is still in nursery for heavens sake.

Ashlee said...

Good job Drew being on two wheels, that is awesome! He looks cute in the pictures at the zoo!

Heather said...

I'm glad you got Dean talked into the zoo trip. It was a perfect day for it. Drew is one determined little guy. He's going to get bored with Isaac's lack of bike motivation quickly.

Janet said...

It seems like a long time since we've seen you, I guess it's time for a Heber trip. I am not one bit surprised that Drew took off on a 2 wheeler, what a kid! Love ya all.