Sunday, March 1, 2009

Should I be worried?

So today Drew and I went on a little Sunday walk, well Drew ran. The weather was awesome! The snow can't melt fast enough for me. We came across a very large stick, shown in photo. He was dragging it around and hitting the snow with it. He started hitting a large pine tree at the church and knocking all the needles off so I said don't hit the tree that is not nice, it hurts the tree. Drew replies, Well I need to find some squirrels. What will you do when you find squirrels? I asked, I will kill them with my stick. I was surprised, a little nervous, yet laughed right out loud. Then I said Drew that is not very nice, his reply, well they are mean. How he knows this I have no idea...

This is normal boy thing to say or think right? Or should I be concerned that later in life he may want to wear all black and possibly hunt squirrels??

4 comments:

Heather said...

Well he surely didn't learn that from MY boys! (I hope you detect the sarcasm there) Also, there is an Arthur episode about psychotic squirrels.

Danielle said...

There's nothing like a big stick to make a kid feel invincible!

Monica said...

I bet if you catch it and keep it for a pet he won't want to kill them anymore. Then it will have babies and he can take care of them all. That would be so awesome.

DaveandAnnie said...

That is such a boy thing. I don't let Jake have guns or swords but he makes them out of other toys anyway. I don't even know where he learned that stuff. Such a boy.