Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Love Day

We have been enjoying love month, it is also the month of Drew's birthday so he thinks it is all for that or that is it Christmas. He went to the bug ball at the library with his friends "big" Drew and Isaac. He dressed up as a caterpillar when I asked him if he knew what kind of bug he was he simply replied, a green one. Duh mom! Come to find out Drew is deathly afraid of bugs he would not even hold a gummy worm until I took a bite and said look it is candy, even then he was a little hesitant.

On Love day, as we are calling it, to help make a little sense we got a couple little presents from his grandma and some candy, then Dean and I gave him the movie Robots they were all just sitting on the table, not wrapped, nothing too exciting yet he asked, Mom is it Christmas?? He was pretty excited about love day I told him we tell our family how much we love them so he said Gracias Mom I love you.

To spend the snowy day we went with a group of friends snowshoeing up at Daniels Summit Lodge. Everyone left their kids at home with the exception of a couple babies, but we decided to take Drew along. He did great we were gone for about 2 hours and he thought it was a lot of fun to walk along and fall in all the deep powder snow. It was a beautiful snowy day and a perfect activity to spend the day together.

Not to pass up an opportunity to go out, we took Drew to my parents and went out to dinner and a movie for one of our three dates a year. Drew had a great time at Grandma's and pops as always when we got back around 10 he said no I don't want to go yet.

Drew's birthday is on Tuesday and he is very excited after much debate he has decided on a fire truck birthday, possibly persuaded by the awesome fire truck cake he has seen in the window at Days for the past few weeks. Almost as exciting, for me anyway, is Friday we get to find out boy or girl!! I am not patient person so I can't wait.


Heart cookies, he was actually a pretty good helper, he could cut them out all by himself.

My caterpillar love bug!


little Drew, Isaac, and big Drew


Fun in the snow!

I wasn't eating chocolate for breakfast...

Reading his book from Grandma

Happy Love Day!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Drew's face in that bug costume is adorable! He's getting so big...he might not want to be called "Little Drew" much longer.

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Cute Drew Boy!
I'm excited to find out what you having.....so exciting!

Ashlee said...

Looks like fun he is so cute. I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!

The Bennetts said...

My mom got our kids the "Kiss Kiss" book for Valentine's Day too. It's been quite the hit.