Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Skiing

We took Drew skiing this past winter. We took him to Sundance first, they have a tow rope kids can use for free. He did not want any help at first and was sure he could do it all by himself. Dean was very patient with him and pretty soon he was doing it by himself. We just took turns helping him and holding Avery. She must have enjoyed it because she never complained. After a few hours he had it down. He knew how to stop but chose not to until it was absoultly necessary. He liked to bomb the hill and stop at the bottom no snow plow or turning necessary.
A couple weeks later Dean's family was all going to Beaver for a discount ski night. We took him up there and he did awesome. Dean and I were a little nervous since it would now be riding the lift and coming down a much steaper hill. Stopping and turning were now necessary. We put him a little hour long lesson with Kai. It took him a couple times down and us yelling STOP a lot but he had it down.
The last ski adventure of the season was at Alta Heather and I thought we should take advantage of the ski free after 3. We ditched the little ones with Amy and drove in a snow storm. There was a LOT of powder, for most people that is great. For three little boys that were new to skiing it was rough. Drew had several melt downs and I was sweating most of the time from holding on to him trying to help. By the last run he was getting the hang of the powder and I think it was fun.

3 comments:

Brianna said...

I always think it's awesome when people teach kids to ski or board. Maybe if I had been taught when I was little, I would like it better now. ;)

P.S.- I LOVE Drew's hair long... so cute... I mean cool. ;)

Danielle said...

First, Drew is looking way to grown up. Second, you are a super cool mom to teach him to ski.

Heather said...

Thanks for being my friend that attempts things like taking little boys skiing in a snow storm with me. I may have to steal that picture.

I love that your Drew is always up for an adventure.