Tuesday, June 10, 2008

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TO DEAN

June 5th was Dean's 30th birthday. For this milestone I decided to take him on a suprise trip to Atlanta to see the BRAVES! He has been a die hard fan since he was 13 and has seen them play a couple times but had never been to Atlanta! He had no idea it was Awesome, thanks to everyone who helped me pull it off. I didn't tell him until the morning of his birthday when we were parked at the airport. I packed the bags, sent Drew to Evanston, and told him we had to leave at 6am for a birthday surprise. He was a little skeptical he wanted to make sure I was not taking him sky diving or in any small planes, he is not a fan of those. It was great we had a lot of fun. We saw 3 Braves games, went on a tour of the Stadium, went to batting practice, the hall of fame, and saw a little of the city. It was like 90 degrees there, a little hot but compared to our weather it felt nice. We came back on Sunday and had cake and ice cream with his family in Evanston. I know... I know.... I ROCK!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Jenn you do rock! That is awesome, unfourtunately for me to surprise Paul with something that would make him equally as happy as Dean and the Braves would involve me in South Dakota hunting pheasants, or me on an ocean in Alaska catching fish or...the rest are similar, maybe I could just send him! That is funny about our anniversaries, what are the odds? Congrats on five years!

Monica said...

That's right Jen you do rock. The only problem is Dean has been bragging about it to everyone. Now what do I do?? Look what I have to live up to. Seriously Shane thinks I should take him to the Olympics now or something. :) Really though that looks like tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

First off--TWO POSTS since i last checked...good job!

Secondly...you might have just won the award for wife of the century...when larren is old, i'll hit you up for some ideas (jk dean).

The Webber's said...

Jenn-
You do Rock! Great job! Probably too good - Darren's 30th birthday is next year and I'm sure he will know expect something amazing too, probably involving something with soccer! Sounds like so much fun to get away for a while - We haven't ever done that since we had the kiddies! Maybe someday...

Julie said...

best wife ever! nice work!